Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Beauty tips that go a long way

As a make up artist i always get questions about what are some beauty tips that i can share w/ people. Well i have 5 simple beauty tips that will go a long way for you through any season! Also i will include the products that i use in my daily beauty routine! The tips that i will be sharing is pretty much common knowledge, things that we know we are suppose to do, but we choose not to do it or it's a matter of our priorities in our lifestyle. I totally understand so I won't take any offense if you don't like these tips b/c i never said i was a beauty doctor ...just a Make up artist :-) So here goes ...

1. Have a skincare routine and make a habit to do it daily (am & pm) - I think it's very important to have a regular skincare routine if you want to maintain great skin no matter how old you are! Everyone has different types of skin so pick a brand that will meet your skincare needs! Even if you are born w/ perfect skin...hmmm does that exist? If you have perfect skin, we secretly don't like you shhhh j/k!!!! Having a sense of humor will go a long way too! *wink* I love everyone! well ok even if you do have perfect skin or troubled skin i still think skincare is essential in our daily routine to help maintain balance in our skin & help prevent certain things from happening like wrinkles, acne, dark spots, etc the list goes on! When i am doing make up on myself or a client, i picture our face~ it represents a canvas and when we paint our canvas it's nice to have a clear smooth canvas to paint on. So if we want a smooth canvas it's all about maintaining the canvas so it makes it easier for make up application.

I've been using this skincare line from Philosophy religiously for about over a year now! i absolutely love how it makes my skin feel & it has transformed my skin into more radiant, younger & make up ready skin! Got all of my supersized bottles from QVC!! i will be blogging about this soon!!!

 2. spf protection - We all need some vitamin D in our lives but always protect your skin from the sun, rain or shine! Wear spf to prevent skin cancer, age/dark spots, wrinkles and whatever you can think of that the sun can do to our skin! The Sun doesn't discriminate so I always wear sunglasses to protect my eyes & hats for extra coverage for my face. The sun can damage the layer underneath our skin and we don't realize it until it's too late! but it's never too late to wear spf protection! Tanning makes you look great but in the long run it's not the best for your skin when you expose your skin to the sun too much! I always picture, a bread that's been toasted too long = burnt skin! well the point is, too much of anything is bad for you so moderation is key! If you'd like an alternative, I highly suggest self bronzers or spray tans or Vitamin D supplements (consult your doctor)! Below are some beauty products that i use daily to help w/ anti aging & sun protection:

I use this moisturizer everyday since it launched this summer: Philosophy-Ultimate miracle worker w/ spf 30 for face & eyes
Protecting my eyes from the sun w/ my classic Ray ban wayfarer! Simple way to keep wrinkles away!
Wearing a Fedora hat & floral shirt by Gap ~ not only it's a great summer look but wearing this cute hat gives me extra protection for my face!



You can achieve a natural looking tan w/ this Brazilliance Maracuja self tanner by Tarte




3. using the right tools for make up application- it's crystal clear, if you're not using the right tools it will be kinda hard to achieve your look & technique. Every brush has a purpose! Take the time to find out which ones you need, learn how to use it & don't be afraid to ask questions to the person who sold you the make up brush! worse thing you could do is buy an expensive brush & not know what in the make up world how to use it! You're wasting your time & money! Nowadays you can find very inexpensive brushes that will do the same job as the expensive brand name ones! To each it's own ~ don't ever let anyone tell you that one brush is better to use b/c it is a matter of preference & not everyone has the same preference! I am a Make up brush junkie ...ok make up junkie too! At least i admit it! I use a variety of tools that range from the best of the best or even some drugstore brands but yes these tools have helped me achieve great looks on clients & myself!
This is what it looks like when i'm cleaning/shampooing my brushes! you gotta sanitize your brushes!

Make up brushes by Tarte ~ i mainly travel w/ these!

a very cute set from Bare minerals



4. drink lots of water - need i say more? water is just simply good for you so drink it! 8 cups a day!


5. sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i just love this sleeping picture of my youngest daughter (who isn't an infant anymore :-( ~ i had to share it b/c she sleeps so peacefully! She's a great sleeper! I get so jealous just staring at my kids sleep! A mommy's job never ends but i make it a priority to rest my body, mind & soul to keep up w/ my little munchkins!! Sleep is so essential and so important to a persons health & well being! They don't call it "beauty sleep" for nothing!!! :-p
My sleeping beauty!!
Well those are the 5 simple beauty routines i make a habit of incorporating into my lifestyle!!! very simple!
Ok nighty night & sleep tight this momma is signing off!!! I have to practice what i preach so i'm going to go get some sleep!!! zzzzz
much love to all ~ OopsieDaisy

Here's a link to my instagram follow me @daisy.nop_mua ... this is where i post most of my make up pics!
https://instagram.com/p/x9dX33okU2/

No comments:

Post a Comment